The original form of this recipe was a family favorite the entire time I was growing up. I've done some tweaking to make it a bit healthier.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can mexicorn
- 2 cups baked corn tortilla chips (optional)
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1In a large skillet, brown ground beef and onion; drain well.
- 2Stir in bell peppers, sugar, oregano, chili powder, kidney beans, tomato sauce, and corn.
- 3Simmer 10 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the moisture is absorbed.
- 4Top with cheese, if desired. You can eat this by itself, or use the chips to eat the mixture like a dip.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nacho Skillet Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (493 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.0
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 49.1 mg
- Sodium 1285.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 26.1 g