A quick and yummy dinner or lunch.
Make and share this Nacho Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 6 cups nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips, slightly crushed
- 4 -6 cups romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- sliced black olives, well drained
- salsa, to taste (optional)
- sour cream, to taste (optional)
- In a large skillet cook meat and onion until meat is brown.
- Drain fat.
- Add taco seasoning, cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in tomato sauce.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Line individual plates with chips.
- Spoon beef mix on top on chips.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber and olives.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Add salsa and sour cream if desired.