A quick and yummy dinner or lunch.
Make and share this Nacho Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 6 cups nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips, slightly crushed
- 4 -6 cups romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- sliced black olives, well drained
- salsa, to taste (optional)
- sour cream, to taste (optional)
- In a large skillet cook meat and onion until meat is brown.
- Drain fat.
- Add taco seasoning, cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in tomato sauce.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Line individual plates with chips.
- Spoon beef mix on top on chips.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber and olives.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Add salsa and sour cream if desired.
I love taco salads and this one was no different. I loved the variety of vegetables in this salad and also the use of Doritos. It was a very satisfying lunch! Thanks for sharing.
I used a combo of red and green bell peppers and cooked them into the meat -- my preference. Easy and delicious, fed to a houseful of grateful teenagers. Made for Summer Salad and Berry Recipe Challenge, May 2008.
I made this tonight for dinner and it was great! I used elk burger instead of ground beef. Also, didn't have any bell pepper. The cucumber and Doritos added some great flavor! I had not used either in a taco salad before. Thanks for the great alternative! *Made for Spring berries and salads event 2008