Recipe by **Mandy**
I got this in an email flyer from Hungry Girl, this is definitely on the menu in the near future, hubby & I both love Mexican food and this sounds super yum!
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free refried beans
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 (21 g) wedges the laughing cow light original swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fiber one all-bran cereal (original)
- 8 low-fat baked corn tortilla chips, crushed
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning mix
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cutlets pounded to 1/3-inch thickness
- 1⁄4 cup taco sauce
- nonfat sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Preheat oven to 180.C.
- 2. Spray a large baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- 3. To make the filling, combine beans, shredded cheese, and cheese wedges in a bowl. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- 4. Using a blender or food processor, grind Fiber One cereal to a breadcrumb-like consistency. Remove blender from base, and add crushed chips, taco seasoning, and cayenne pepper. With the lid on, give it a good shake to mix. Transfer crumb mixture to a plate and set aside.
- 5. Lay cutlets flat on a clean, dry surface. Spoon filling onto the centers of the cutlets, evenly dividing it among them. Carefully roll each cutlet up over the filling (which may ooze a little, but don't worry!) and secure with toothpicks.
- 6. Cover each stuffed cutlet with 1 tablespoons taco sauce, using the back of the spoon or your fingers to coat. Carefully roll each cutlet in the crumb mixture, making sure to coat all sides -- use a spoon or your fingers, if needed. Gently transfer to the baking pan.
- 7. Cover the pan with foil, and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- 8. Carefully remove foil, and bake in the oven for another 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and outsides are crispy.
- 9. Let cool slightly and, if you like, serve with sour cream and/or salsa. Enjoy!