Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Will be making this next week, looks great! Nice easy Mexican meat & potatoes... UPDATE: having made this, I would have used at least a tablespoon of taco seasoning to get it up to what we like, also chopped and cooked up an onion with the beef. Definately needed some more spices for our taste! Easy weeknight dinner!
- 1 lb baking potato
- 1⁄2 lb cooked ground beef
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning or 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning mix, more to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or 1 cup jalapeno jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- salsa, of choice
- Bake or microwave potatoes until done - either 6-10 minutes on high in the microwave, until gently yield to touch when firmly pressed or bake at 425 for 30 minutes.
- Cut in half, allow to cool slightly.
- Scoop some of the flesh out of the centres with a spoon, leaving about ½” of the flesh next to the skin.
- Fill each half with cooked Ground Beef seasoned with taco/fajita seasoning and top with cheddar or Jalapeno Jack Cheese.
- Place under the broiler until cheese is melted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top each half with Sour Cream. Sprinkle chopped tomato & chopped cilantro on top of each and serve. Add a bowl of salsa on the table, spoon salsa over warm potato nacho -- the best seasoning!
I made these using some leftover taco meat that I had in the freezer. This was a really fun, different way to have tacos. I cooked the potatoes in the microwave, then finished the filled spuds under the broiler. I topped the potatoes with lettuce, tomato, taco sauce and sour cream after they came out of the oven. Great quick, weeknight meal.
Quick, easy and nice side to a salad. I made as directed - since I already had tacos and nachos on my menu for tonight. It was more filling for me than just having a salad with a little taco meat on it. Thanks for posting! Made for the I Recommend Tag Game.
Another easy lunch that impressed my coworkers. I baked the potato ahead of time and made the taco meat with some onion and extra taco seasoning as suggestion and topped it with diced tomatoes, cilantro and soy cheddar and jalapeno jack cheese. Comforting and filling, not to mention it drew lots of oohs and ahhs.