A tasty, low-fat soup with a little kick that my family requests often. Starting with au gratin potatoes makes it SO easy. This recipe probably came from Light and Tasty magazine, although I substituted fat-free cheese and skim milk to make it lower in fat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) package au gratin potato mix (dry mix)
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes and green chilies (I use Rotel brand)
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk or 1 1/2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese or 8 ounces cream cheese (cut in pieces)
- 2 dashes hot sauce, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley sprig, minced (optional)
- 1In large pot, combine au gratin potato mix, tomatoes, and water.
- 2Mix well and bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15-18 minutes until potatoes are done.
- 4Add cheese chunks and cook, stirring with a whisk, until the cheese melts.
- 5Add milk, corn, and hot sauce, stirring until soup is hot.
- 6Garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nacho Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.5
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 3.1 mg
- Sodium 866.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 9.8 g