Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A tasty, low-fat soup with a little kick that my family requests often. Starting with au gratin potatoes makes it SO easy. This recipe probably came from Light and Tasty magazine, although I substituted fat-free cheese and skim milk to make it lower in fat.
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) package au gratin potato mix (dry mix)
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 (10 ounce) cansdiced tomatoes and green chilies (I use Rotel brand)
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk or 1 1⁄2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese or 8 ounces cream cheese (cut in pieces)
- 2 dashes hot sauce, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley sprig, minced (optional)
- In large pot, combine au gratin potato mix, tomatoes, and water.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15-18 minutes until potatoes are done.
- Add cheese chunks and cook, stirring with a whisk, until the cheese melts.
- Add milk, corn, and hot sauce, stirring until soup is hot.
- Garnish with parsley.