Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is Zak's favorite soup recipe. He requests it whenever he's home or when I'm in town. This recipe was adapted from Quick Cooking Premier Issue, pg. 12. The ingredients list won't let me add the last two ingredients. They are 1/2 t. green Tabasco and a heaping 1/4 t. of jalapeno powder
- 6 ounces au gratin potatoes
- 16 ounces corn, drained
- 10 1⁄2 ounces Rotel Tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon green hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon jalapeno powder
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- In 3 quart saucepan, combine the potatoes and sauce mix, corn, tomatoes and water; mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 15 18 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add milk, cheese and hot pepper sauce if desired;
- cook and stir until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.
- Changes - You can use Aldi’s Jalapeno Potatoes Au Gratin and Mexican Velveeta Cheese and skip adding the spices except cumin.