1/1 Photo of Nacho Potato Skins
1 hr 15 mins
Great appy!! from Better homes and gardens. Haven't tried yet, let me know how they turn out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 medium potatoes, such as russet (2 lbs)
- cooking oil
- butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- ground red pepper
- 4 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese or 4 ounces cheddar cheese or 4 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Scrub potatoes, pat dry, rub with cooking oil, shortening, butter or margarine, prick potatoes with a fork.
- 3Bake for 40 to 60 minutes or till tender.
- 4(or microwave on high for 15 to 20 minutes till tender) Cut potatoes lengthwise into quarters.
- 5Scoop out the pulp, leaving 1/4 inch thick shells.
- 6Reserve the pulp for mashed potatoes or another use.
- 7Brush both sides of the potato pieces with the 1/4 cup butter or margarine.
- 8Sprinkle the insides with seasoned salt and ground red pepper.
- 9Place potato pieces, skin sides up, on the unheated rack of a broiler pan.
- 10Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat for 3 minutes.
- 11Turn potato pieces skin side down.
- 12Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- 13Broil 2 minutes more.
- 14Arrange the potato pieces on a heated serving platter.
- 15Serve with desired toppers.
- 16To make ahead, bake, scoop, and season the potatoes, place in a covered container and regrigerate up to 2 days.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nacho Potato Skins
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.6
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 9.3 mg
- Sodium 45.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: