I was craving nachos last night but my daughter had already baked some potatoes. This recipe is a delicious combo of both stuffed baked potato and nachos.
- 1 russet potato, washed thoroughly, rubbed with oil and sea salt and baked until soft
- 1⁄2 cup chili (canned or homemade, warmed)
- 1⁄2 cup extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (runny nacho cheese would be good here in place of the cheddar or in addition to it)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
- 1⁄4 cup avocado (diced or smashed tossed with a bit of lime juice, salt and pepper)
- 1⁄4 cup diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon red onion, diced
- sliced olive (optional)
- sliced jalapeno pepper (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- When your potato is finished baking slice it open and smash the flesh a bit to get the potato ready for the toppings. Butter, salt and pepper can be added here but I don't think it's needed.
- Top with warm chili, then the rest of the ingredients in order given.
- Top with optional ingredients to taste.
This was a very filling meal! Made as is except left off the onions and used the optional salsa. Next time I will add butter to my potato first since I found it a bit dry. Was very tasty and will make again for a dinner when DH is home, quick and easy meal!! Made with Easiest Chili out There! that I defrosted from the freezer. Made for My-3-Chefs Nov 2009.