Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Good Housekeeping magazine, one that we intend to try.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salad oil
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package microwave popcorn
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- In large microwave-safe bowl, cook oil and taco seasoning mix on High 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, until hot, stirring once.
- Prepare popcorn as package directs.
- Add popcorn and 1/2 cup cheese to seasoned oil in bowl; toss well.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cook on High 30 seconds to 1 1/2 minutes until cheese begins to melt.
My DH enjoyed this popcorn, I use a little of recipe#76616 instead of the purchased taco mix, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten:)
I would have liked to give this a higher rating but boy I just couldn't. First I did not want to use oil so I used butter. Cooking it with the taco season for 1 - 1 1/2 minutes I knew was too long. So I didn't, yup I was right. Second microwaving the popcorn, season mix, and cheese did not work at all. Time was way too long even at 30 sec. Most of the cheese and seasoning ended up globbed around the unpopped kernals (theres always some it seems) at the bottom of the bowl. I will try this again but adjust the times and get rid of the unpopped kernals first.