Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a take on nachos, which can make a good snack, but not a meal....
- 1 lb egg noodles
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb beef, strips for stir frying
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 ounces fajita seasoning mix (I prefer McCormick brand but any will do)
- 1 (16 ounce) jarprepared cheddar cheese sauce (I prefer Ragu brand)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 small tomatoes, diced
- 2 green onions, diced
- Cook egg noodles to package directions and set aside.
- Drizzle olive oil in skillet and cook the beef strips over medium heat, until browned through.
- Sprinkle the packet of fajita seasoning over the beef strips and stir making sure it is dissolved and coats the beef.
- Pour the entire jar of pasta sauce over the beef. Stir to combine. Turn down heat to medium-low and cook until sauce is bubbly.
- Remove skillet from heat, stir in 1 tablespoon sour cream to sauce/beef mixture.
- Serve sauce/beef mixture over bed of egg noodles, with a dollup of sour cream on top, and sprinkle with diced tomato and green onion tops.
This recipe is a good idea - it's just that the jarred cheddar cheese sauce made it a bit too rich for my taste. I will probably try it again, but I will make my own cheese sauce instead...