Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Ooooooooo, this is good! Great with tacos! Made with green salsa verde. From Bon Appetit.
Make and share this Nacho Macaroni and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups small elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup bottled thick and chunky salsa verde (medium heat)
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 cups packed coarse grated sharp cheddar cheese (about 12 oz.)
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup large corn chips (or salted tortilla chips like Doritos)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cook macaroni according to package instructions to al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, blend salsa and cilantro in food processor. Toss 2 cups of cheese and flour in medium bowl to coat.
- Bring milk, cream, and cloves to simmer in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add cheese mixture. Whisk until sauce is smooth, about 1 minute. Mix in macaroni; season with pepper.
- Spread half of mixture in 11X7" baking dish. Drop half of salsa over in dollops. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Top with remaining macaroni mixture and salsa mixture. Sprinkle corn chips over top. Top with 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake until heated through and bubbly, about 10-15 minutes.