Ooooooooo, this is good! Great with tacos! Made with green salsa verde. From Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups small elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup bottled thick and chunky salsa verde (medium heat)
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 cups packed coarse grated sharp cheddar cheese (about 12 oz.)
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup large corn chips (or salted tortilla chips like Doritos)
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cook macaroni according to package instructions to al dente. Drain.
- 2Meanwhile, blend salsa and cilantro in food processor. Toss 2 cups of cheese and flour in medium bowl to coat.
- 3Bring milk, cream, and cloves to simmer in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add cheese mixture. Whisk until sauce is smooth, about 1 minute. Mix in macaroni; season with pepper.
- 4Spread half of mixture in 11X7" baking dish. Drop half of salsa over in dollops. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Top with remaining macaroni mixture and salsa mixture. Sprinkle corn chips over top. Top with 1/2 cup cheese.
- 5Bake until heated through and bubbly, about 10-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nacho Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.5
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 104.1 mg
- Sodium 496.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 21.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: