Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ooooooooo, this is good! Great with tacos! Made with green salsa verde. From Bon Appetit.
- 2 cups small elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup bottled thick and chunky salsa verde (medium heat)
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 cups packed coarse grated sharp cheddar cheese (about 12 oz.)
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup large corn chips (or salted tortilla chips like Doritos)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cook macaroni according to package instructions to al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, blend salsa and cilantro in food processor. Toss 2 cups of cheese and flour in medium bowl to coat.
- Bring milk, cream, and cloves to simmer in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add cheese mixture. Whisk until sauce is smooth, about 1 minute. Mix in macaroni; season with pepper.
- Spread half of mixture in 11X7" baking dish. Drop half of salsa over in dollops. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Top with remaining macaroni mixture and salsa mixture. Sprinkle corn chips over top. Top with 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake until heated through and bubbly, about 10-15 minutes.