Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from Simple & Delicious Nov-Dec 2007. You can add or remove veggies as tastes vary. I've tried canned pumpkin, steamed & pureed carrots, sliced mushrooms, and/or steamed & pureed cauliflower.
- 709.77 ml uncooked pasta (1 lb)
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 59.14 ml butter
- 59.14 ml flour
- 35.43 g envelope taco seasoning
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 532.32 ml milk
- 473.18 ml shredded cheese
- 236.59 ml frozen corn
- 473.18 ml frozen bell peppers (red, yellow, green)
- 236.59 ml frozen spinach
- 118.29 ml frozen diced onion
- 411.06 g canpetite diced tomatoes
- 113.39 g candiced jalapenos (or chiles for less heat)
- 236.59 ml coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Boil pasta to al dente. Drain.
- Saute beef, garlic, veggies, and jalapenos.
- Once beef is done and veggies are warmed, drain.
- Add butter.
- Once melted, stir in flour, seasoning and pepper.
- Slowly stir in the milk. Bring to a boil until thickens.
- Remove from heat. Add cheese & cooked pasta.
- Bake at 350 15-20 minutes.
- Serve topped with crushed tortilla chips.