Adapted from Simple & Delicious Nov-Dec 2007. You can add or remove veggies as tastes vary. I've tried canned pumpkin, steamed & pureed carrots, sliced mushrooms, and/or steamed & pureed cauliflower.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 709.77 ml uncooked pasta (1 lb)
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 59.14 ml butter
- 59.14 ml flour
- 35.43 g envelope taco seasoning
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 532.32 ml milk
- 473.18 ml shredded cheese
- 236.59 ml frozen corn
- 473.18 ml frozen bell peppers (red, yellow, green)
- 236.59 ml frozen spinach
- 118.29 ml frozen diced onion
- 411.06 g can petite diced tomatoes
- 113.39 g can diced jalapenos (or chiles for less heat)
- 236.59 ml coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Boil pasta to al dente. Drain.
- 3Saute beef, garlic, veggies, and jalapenos.
- 4Once beef is done and veggies are warmed, drain.
- 5Add butter.
- 6Once melted, stir in flour, seasoning and pepper.
- 7Slowly stir in the milk. Bring to a boil until thickens.
- 8Remove from heat. Add cheese & cooked pasta.
- 9Bake at 350 15-20 minutes.
- 10Serve topped with crushed tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nacho Mac N Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.1
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 81.5 mg
- Sodium 513.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 25.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen bell peppers