Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from Simple & Delicious Nov-Dec 2007. You can add or remove veggies as tastes vary. I've tried canned pumpkin, steamed & pureed carrots, sliced mushrooms, and/or steamed & pureed cauliflower.
- 3 cups uncooked pasta (1 lb)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups frozen bell peppers (red, yellow, green)
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- 1⁄2 cup frozen diced onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced jalapenos (or chiles for less heat)
- 1 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Boil pasta to al dente. Drain.
- Saute beef, garlic, veggies, and jalapenos.
- Once beef is done and veggies are warmed, drain.
- Add butter.
- Once melted, stir in flour, seasoning and pepper.
- Slowly stir in the milk. Bring to a boil until thickens.
- Remove from heat. Add cheese & cooked pasta.
- Bake at 350 15-20 minutes.
- Serve topped with crushed tortilla chips.