Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are uber kid-friendly. It's a great way to get extra vitamins (especially B-12 from the nutritional yeast) and protein (cashews, nutritional yeast) into tots. They taste like Doritos. Yum, yum, yum!
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 cup cashews, soak for a few hours
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Remove hard stalks from kale and set aside in a mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to blender and process until smooth, adding a little bit of water or more lemon juice if needed.
- Pour sauce over kale and mix until evenly coated.
- Lay out on parchment paper and dehydrate on low for about 10 hours, turning over halfway through--OR bake at 300F for 30 minutes, flipping over walkway through.
Amazing! I was skeptical but these kick butt. I dehydrated at 145° for 2 hours then 115° for 3 hours. Great hit with my man.
My kale chips turned out amazing. They tasted just like they were store bought. I used a nutribullet which made making the flavoring much easier, just had to add a 1/4 cup of water to keep the blending going. I used my Nesco dehydrator and set it on 135 deg for 4-5 hours. They were a big hit among my family and friends.
These were so good!!! Thanks so much for submitting this recipe. I bought a Nesco Dehydrator last week after eating Kale Chips from the Vitamin Shoppe that were $3.00 for a little container! They were good, but not good! LOL Also, I want to thank socbtrfly9 for her advice, because it cut my drying time in half.