Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ok, this sounds lame and a little sick, but it's so good--not at all diet food, so don't eat it on a regular basis! [lol]
- 0.5 (1 kg) bag frozen french fries (i like the crispy skin-on variety)
- 2 green onions, chopped (green and white parts)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (more if you like)
- 3 tablespoons imitation bacon bits (if you dont like these, use fresh bacon crumbles)
- sour cream, for dipping
- Preheat your oven to whatever the back of the bag of frozen fries says, and cook fries for 10 minutes.
- Turn fries once, and bake for 7 more minutes.
- Take fries out of oven, and turn on your broiler.
- Sprinkle on cheese, followed by green onions and bacon bits. if you have any other toppings you'd like to put on you could do that now too. :).
- Return pan to oven and broil for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and gooey. (Watch this step though, because you don't want to burn anything).
- Remove from oven and serve on a plate with sour cream. yummy. :).
I really hate to leave 3 stars but this recipe needs a little bit of tweeking for me to make it again. First off, I would spray the baking pan with cooking spray to keep it from sticking. I used the seasoned extra crispy french fries for a little more flavor.