Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
what if hot dogs and nachos are combined,it's on the new casserole recipe. Caution...this casserole will be cheesy and spicy.
- 2 cups crushed plain Doritos, divided
- 1 (12 ounce) package rotini pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 fresh jalapenos, chopped
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 3⁄4 cup whipped cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons honey mustard
- 12 hot dogs, cooked and sliced into round
- 1 cup diced processed cheese
- 1 3⁄4 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.Sprinkle with 1 cup crushed doritos chips over into the bottom of a 4 quart casserole dish.
- Cook rotini according to package directions;drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile,heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat;add jalapenos and red.
- onion and saute for 3 minutes.Add beef and cook until browned,breaking up.
- meat with a spoon as it cooks,about 3 to 5 minutes;drain off and set pan over medium heat.
- In medium bowl,combine soup,cream cheese,crushed red pepper and honey.
- mustard,whisk together until blended.
- Transfer beef mixture to a large bowl and mix with cooked rotini,diced processed cheese,sliced hot dogs and cheese sauce.Spoon the mixture.
- into a prepared casserole dish.Sprinkle with remaining crushed Doritos chips and shredded mexican blend cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cheeses are bubbling and the top is.
- lightly browned,about 1 hour.