Recipe by Lawsome
My family found this in one of the Southern Living Annual Cookbooks from the 80s. It has a little different flavor from the usual, delicious!
Top Review by harleypapa
This was a very good dip. I added a pound of cooked extra lean ground beef and layered it over the mixture and then layered the rest of the cheese on it. Was a little heavy on chili taste. Will make again but next time will use maybe 1/2 a package of the chili seasoning mix and increase the hot sauce some.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 -10 1⁄2 ounce jalapeno bean dip
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package chili seasoning mix
- 5 drops hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup taco sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- sliced olive (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cream cheese and sour cream, beat until smooth.
- Stir in bean dip, chili seasoning mix, hot sauce, 1 cup Cheddar and 1 cup Monterey Jack.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 12x8 baking dish (use a 13x9 if that's what you have).
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 325 for 15 to 20 minute.
- Top with sliced olives, if desired.