Recipe by conniecooks
This is almost a whole meal. I have made it for Grey Cup parties, little kids, & Teenagers. It is very popular with my Family. You can add a layer of sliced olives if you wish. Some people don't like them so I omit them. Takes very little time & effort if you do your shredding in the food processor.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this for a small group to enjoy & they certainly did! Followed your recipe right on down, although I did put out 2 bowls of chips, one with tortilla chips & the other with large corn chips (i much prefer the latter)! Definitely a hit with everyone, & a keeper recipe to boot! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC recipe tag]
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces salsa
- 4 -5 green onions, sliced fine
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups of shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend cottage cheese & Creeam Cheese (food processor).
- Spread in a shallow pan I use a 10" pyrex pie plate.
- Spread Salsa over cheese.
- Sprinkle with Green onions.
- Sprinkle with Diced tomato.
- Spread Shredded Lettuce over (shred in the Food Processor).
- Top with grated cheese.
- Scoop with sturdy style Tortilla Chips.