Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
Quick to fix, even quicker to disappear at our house, especially when they are served with bowls of chili!!
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place a paper baking cup liner in 12 muffin pan cups or spray muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, prepare corn muffins mix, egg and milk according to package directions, adding ½ teaspoon chili powder to mix.
- Stir in corn and cheese being careful to not over mix.
- Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full using a large spoon or ladle.
- Put muffins pan(s) into oven.
- Bake 18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven with pot holders.
- Let cool 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Easy, versatile, tasty. My corn muffin mix was 6.5 oz (Martha White), but I followed your directions and also added 1 diced green onion. I got 6 big, hearty muffins, and paired it with Cheesy Vegetable Chili Soup on a cold fall night. This is so easy and uses items I keep on hand - will make it again! :)
Quick and easy...would love to sneak some salsa into these!!! Thanks LAURIE