Recipe by LAURIE
Quick to fix, even quicker to disappear at our house, especially when they are served with bowls of chili!!
Top Review by newspapergal
Easy, versatile, tasty. My corn muffin mix was 6.5 oz (Martha White), but I followed your directions and also added 1 diced green onion. I got 6 big, hearty muffins, and paired it with Recipe #142547 on a cold fall night. This is so easy and uses items I keep on hand - will make it again! :)
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place a paper baking cup liner in 12 muffin pan cups or spray muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, prepare corn muffins mix, egg and milk according to package directions, adding ½ teaspoon chili powder to mix.
- Stir in corn and cheese being careful to not over mix.
- Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full using a large spoon or ladle.
- Put muffins pan(s) into oven.
- Bake 18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven with pot holders.
- Let cool 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Cool on a wire rack.