Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a great make-ahead dip and can be served hot, room temperature and cold. It comes together quickly too!
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄3 cup onion
- 1 cup salsa
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces kidney beans
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- Dice the onion. Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Brown meat in the skillet. Add onion. Cook until onions are softened. Add salsa. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes on low heat.
- In a separate bowl mix cream cheese and milk until smooth. Mix in spices.
- Add meat mixture to cream cheese mixture. Mix until combined. Gently stir in the kidney beans. Pour into a dish. Be sure to use an oven safe one if you will be serving this warm.
- If serving immediately place in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until bubbling. Sprinkle cheddar cheese and heat for another 5 minutes or until melted.
- If you are making this ahead of time refrigerate without the cheese on top. When you go to serve this dish allow extra time for the dip to warm in the oven. Once the dip is bubbling, top with shredded cheddar cheese. Cook another 5 minutes or until melted.
- Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.