Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an easy, tasty casserole.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed nacho tortilla chips
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons 2% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- Combine the cheeses and stir half into the chicken mixture.
- Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
We enjoyed this very much. I do have to say it is on the light side when it comes to spice so I added cumin and cayenne pepper.
It was okay, but not great. We are from Texas so this was a bit bland for us. But it wasn't bad.
Delish! I made this as directed but used lime-flavored tortilla chips because I couldn't find the nacho-flavored ones. My whole family devoured this simple and tasty casserole. Thanks bmcnichol for an easy and tasty dinner.