Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe in a popular cookbook. This recipe is very easy to follow.
Make and share this Nacho Chicken Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1⁄2 cup instant rice, uncooked
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes, drained
- 10 3⁄4 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup
- 11 ounces mexicorn
- 4 1⁄2 ounces green chilies, chopped and undrained
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup tortilla chips, broken
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 quart casserole with cooking spray. In casserole, stir chicken, rice, tomatoes, soup, corn, chiles, taco seasoning mix and 1 cup of the cheese until well mixed.
- Cover and bake about 1 hour or until rice is tender and mixture is heated through. Top with tortilla chips; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake about 10 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly and cheese is melted.
I used 2 chicken breasts - apprrox. 3 cups chicken cut-up, 1 can of whole kernel corn, 1/4 bag frozen pepper onion stir-fry, whole package of Taco seasoning and Mexican Blend cheese. Was out of the other rice so substituted 2 individual serving mirco wave cooked rice. This made about 50% more than recipes states.<br/>Flavor is excellent, Be sure nachos are not in big pieces. You could alter this to taste -it's a great base recipe.
made a lowfat version of this: using brown rice, lowfat low sodium soup, 2% fat mexican cheese blend, and less tortilla chips. It was pretty good- though I felt like a little more spice/ taco seasoning would have helped the flavor. I ended up putting nonfat sourcream mixed with taco powder on top for more flavor.
I had to hurry and get this in the oven before I went to pick up kids. The prep time only took me 5 mins and that is with grating the cheese. I also used a full packet of taco seasoning. I'm glad I did that way it had more flavor. I'll make this one again! Made for *Zaar Cookbook Tag 2009* game