Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
You can add zip to this cheesy chicken casserole by using picante sauce that suits your taste. It's great with hot sauce but also good when toned down to mild. This came from Taste Of Home Casseroles. I have not tried this just posting for safe keeping.
- 8 cups nacho cheese tortilla chips
- 20 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted (2 - 10 3/4oz cans)
- 10 ounces chunk white chicken, drained
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (plus additonal for garnish, opt)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies
- shredded lettuce
- chopped fresh tomato
- Arrange chips in a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the soup, chicken, picante sauce, cheese, onion and chilies; pour over chips. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 325 for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve with lettuce and tomatoes.