Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is awesome! An easy and delicious casserole to put together. Very DH and kid friendly! Watch em go back for seconds. Also great to take to a potluck.
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 lb process American cheese, cubed (Velvetta works well)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained (I use Rotel)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) package nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips, crush and set aside 1 cup for topping
- Crush chips (not too fine).
- Combine first seven ingredients in a large bowl; mix well.
- Spoon into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with non stick cooking spray, sprinkle with reserved chips.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are bubbling.
Yes it really does taste like nachos! I also cook the onions first, and use a little bit less Doritos. Very rich and very tasty. Kids like it too.
Great recipe! Kind of scary lookin' when you first throw it together but turns out great in the end. Next time I will saute the onions first; not much for crunchy onions! Otherwise it has great flavor and both kids kids liked it so thats a good thing:)
This was a great recipe...here is how I fixed it...I boiled my chicken with garlic, salt, pepper and Tony's...I halved the recipe because I only had 2 cups of chicken BUT I did use the whole can of rotel which I ran throught he blender (kids like the flavor but not the chunks of peppers). This is a keeper only next time will make the full recipe as we had no left overs!