Recipe by Terri Newell
The basic recipe is from Company's Coming Ground Beef cookbook. I have modified it slightly.
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded nacho cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine in saucepan.
- Add dry ingredients and whisk for a couple of minutes.
- Add milk gradually and whisk until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add cheese gradually and stir to melt.
- Note -- the original recipe called for shredded cheddar. I chose a blend containing cheddar, mozzarella and jalapeno peppers. It adds more zing.