Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I really wanted a recipe for my own nacho cheese sauce...and I found this one. I can't wait to try.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 7 slices processed American cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and stir in flour.
- Pour in the milk and stir until the mixture thickens.
- Stirring constantly, mix in cheese and salt.
- Continue to cook and stir until cheese has melted and all ingredients are well blended, about 15 minutes.
This was good for plain cheese sauce. It needs to be kicked up for nachos. I served with salsa on the side and jalapeno peppers. Like the other reviewer said,green chilies would be a nice addition. I used shredded cheese. This was really easy to whip up for our cozy day inside where it's warm! Nachos,in front of the fireplace with a good DVD....can't beat that! Thanks for posting!!!
this makes a great topper for nachos, I add in some cayenne pepper and chopped green chilies, it also works well using 7 ounce of Velveeta cheese, thanks for posting!