Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Taste of Home. One serving = 1 cup
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) package au gratin potatoes
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cubed process American cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (optional)
- minced fresh parsley (optional)
- In a saucepan, combine contents of potato package, corn, tomatoes and water; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add milk, cheese and hot pepper sauce if desired; cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley if desired.
We love this too! I got the recipe from Taste of Home mag. I just saw this while browsing and wanted to compare it.
Yum! This is so fast and easy! After NcM tried this and raved about it I had to try it as well. I am glad that I did. This is a great go to soup that pulls together fast on a busy night or any night. Thanks seesko!
I tagged this recipe without reading the ingredients and realized when I went to the store that it was not your ordinary potato soup. I was skeptical how this would taste since it had packaged potatoes and velveeta. well.... it was really REALLY good! My DH loved it and gave it thumbs up as ate. I made grilled cheese on the side and I wouldn't really recommend the pairing b/c it was just too much cheese. I added a good dousing of hot sauce instead of a drop. I will be making this one again. Thanks seesko! Beverage Tag Rocks!