Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I tried this last Christmas and it was a real hit. The men in particular really raved about it - maybe it was the beer?
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 1⁄2 cup salsa, hot and chunky
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese, 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- tortilla chips
- Combine beer, cumin, dried oregano and garlic powder in heavy medium sauce-pan. Bring to simmer. Add beans and salsa; stir until heated through.
- Add Velveeta cheese; stir until cheese melts, about 3 minutes. Stir in cilantro. Transfer to bowl. Serve warm with tortilla chips.
way too runny and not very servable...will not make again
TOTALLY delish!! I used Stella Artois beer and some velveeta cheese that a friend brought over from Texas! I made this to use as a dip - as suggested, and also to use in a Nacho Casserole recipe I was making on Zaar. We BOTH loved the beery flavour - just amazing! We also loved the blend of spices in this. Thanks for posting this - when I next have some velveeta cheese, I will be making this again! FT:-) Made for Livestrong in the Photos Forum 2008.
this is womnderful, I also added in 2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic, I think this would make a great beer-cheese soup by adding in some broth to thin out the mixture, very good, thanks lazyme!