Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Potatoes and onions topped with BBQ sauce, topped with cheese, then baked in the oven, what more can I say, absolutely delicious! Cooking time is estimated, depending on how thick the potatoes are sliced.
- 4 -6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 7 -8 green onions, chopped (or to taste)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 3⁄4-1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 4 tablespoons taco seasoning
- black pepper
- 2 -3 cups grated cheddar cheese (or a combination of cheddar and mozzarella cheese)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 400 degres.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil, and spray with a non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced potatoes, green onions, green peppers and white onions; stir to combine.
- Pour the potato mixture onto the foil.
- In the same bowl, mix BBQ sauce, water and dry spices.
- Pour the mixture over top of potatoes.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven turn and seperate to ensure even cooking.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 10 minutes or a little more until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top of cooked potatoes; return to oven until the cheese has melted and the edges become crispy.
- Let sit for about 4-5 minutes before serving to allow the cheese to set a bit.