Recipe by Grammy C
Simple nacho casserole. Easy to fix when in a hurry. My toddler grandkids even like this.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 lb sweet pepper, sliced (about 1/2 inch-wide strips)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups corn tortilla chips, broken
- 1 (16 ounce) jar medium hot salsa, not picante
- 2 cups taco blend cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375. Coat 13x9x2 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers, onion, beef, and garlic salt; cook, stirring to break up clumps of beef, until the peppers are soft and beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain off any excess fat from the skillet.
- In large bowl, toss together broken tortilla chips and salsa. Add cooked meat mixture, 1 cup of the taco-cheese blend and olives. Scrape mixture into baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of taco-cheese blend over the top.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Serve with additional salsa, lettuce, tomato, and or sour cream.