Recipe by rusted_essence
I know this is a no brainer, but it is an idea of how to use up that huge pot of pintos you cooked up. I made this rather than having beans and rice again.
- 2 -3 cups corn chips (can be crumbled)
- 2 -3 cups pinto beans (cooked)
- 2 -3 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 small onion (chopped if not already in beans)
- salt and pepper
- chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Refry beans in a skillet with about 2 T oil.
- Season with listed seasonings to desired taste.
- When desired consistency is achieved layer crumbled chips in an 8x8 pan.
- Evenly spread beans and top with grated cheese.
- Bake at 350°F until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through.