Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easy adaptable casserole. I won 2nd place in a recipe contest at my local Wild Oats market for this recipe....woohoo! .........(-_-) ..You can substitute regular cheese for the soy cheese and even substitute ground beast for the tofu..or veg meat like "Gimme Lean"
- 1 lb firm tofu, drained and squeezed a bit
- 1 cup black olives
- 1 cup soy cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups tortilla chips
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans (any type you like)
- 1 (15 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional)
- Heat your oven to 350.
- Put the tortilla chips in a bag of some kind and crunch them to bits (not into sand, just pebbles). Place about 1/2" layer in the bottom of round casserole dish (3-4 quart). (no need for nonstick spray).
- Put the tofu in a frying pan that you've coated with a bit of nonstick spray. Start to cook it as if you were browning ground beef. Use the taco seasoning on the tofu according to package directions.
- Start to put the ingredients on the tortilla chip base. Tofu, beans, cheese, olives, tomatoes and repeat till the dish is full or ingredients are gone (no rules).
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Before serving add the lettuce, salsa, sour cream, whatever you want.could be more tortilla chips, olives, etc.