Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This came from Thinner Times. I have not tried this, just posting for easy finding.
- 1 lb lean ground meat (beef, turkey or chicken)
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 small onion, diced fine
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon taco seasoning (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups salsa
- 4 ounces chopped black olives (1 small can)
- 2 cups of kraft mexican shredded cheese
- This takes two baking pans.
- Mix together ground meat, egg, onion, garlic powder, and taco seasoning until well blended. Form into 6 equal sized patties, pressed to about 1 inch thick. Place on a wire wrack (like a cake cooling rack) in a baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. Remove burgers from the wire rack and place in the second (clean) pan directly on the bottom of the pan (no rack). Pour salsa over the top of the burgers, sprinkle with black olives and bake an additional 20 minutes. Top with cheese and toss back in the over for 10 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.