I saw this made on 30 Minute Meals with Rachael Ray. So good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf French baguette
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2-1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped (or 1 pickled hot pepper of any kind, chopped)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or Monterey Jack or pepper Jack)
- 1 romaine lettuce hearts (or 1/2 iceberg head, shredded)
- 1/2 cup green olives, chopped (or black)
- 1/4 red onion, chopped (or 2 to 3 scallions)
- 2 plums or 2 vine tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1Split the bread lengthwise. Hollow the bread out and cut each half in half across, making 4 boats.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 3Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add oil, garlic and hot peppers. Drain the beans. Add half of the beans. Mash the remainder of the beans in the can using a fork. Add mashed beans to the pan and combine with whole beans. Season beans with hot sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. When the spicy beans are hot through, spread them evenly across all of the bread. Top with salsa and liberally sprinkle with cheese, covering bread to all edges. The boats will only be half-full. Melt cheese in the oven until it bubbles and begins to brown.
- 4Top the bread pizzas with lettuce, olives, onions and tomatoes and serve. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nacho Bread Pizzas
Serving Size: 1 (677 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 780.6
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 59.3 mg
- Sodium 1574.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.9 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 35.7 g