Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a delicious soup that is low in carbs (but not so low in fat).
Make and share this Nacho Beef Soup (Low Carb) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups beef broth
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 6 ounces neufchatel cheese, cut into cubes
- 6 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- hot sauce (your favorite, we love this with the chipotle Tabasco)
- In a large soup pot, cook the ground beef; drain the fat and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the beef broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Cut the cream cheese into small cubes and add to the soup. Add the Velveeta cheese.
- Heat through over medium-low heat until cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese and hot sauce garnish if desired.
My family really enjoyed this soup. I fried up some low-carb torilla shells to go with it! Thanks for the recipe!
First, I would like to thank you for your lovely 5-star review of my Easy Taco Stew. I am so glad you enjoyed it. To show my appreciation, I have made this soup and we absolutely loved it. It tastes just like Nachos!!!! Very comforting on this cold rainy day. We particularly loved the combination of the tomatoes and green chilies and the cheeses. Thanks so much for sharing it, SoozieQ.
This has a nice flavor but it was too thin for my picky husband. He doesn't like thin soups. I am not sure what I could do different next time unless I cut the broth down to 3 cups. I like it ok, but probably won't make again.