Recipe by looneytunesfan
From a Pillsbury newsletter.
Top Review by Charlotte J
This is another great tasting recipe and that is quick to get to the table. The kids really enjoyed this for lunch today. If you think it might be a little spice for your family try using just plain diced tomatoes. But do use the Spanish rice as it adds so much flavor! Great recipe looneytunesfan thank you for posting it. Made for the *Zaar Cookbook Tag* game 5/19/08
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies, Undrained
- 1 (11 ounce) canwhole mexicorn whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) envelope Spanish rice mix
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (8 oz)
- tortilla chips, as needed
- sour cream, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently.
- Add water, tomatoes, corn, and rice mix; mix well.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in 11/2 cups of the cheese until melted.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.