Recipe by mere2680
Delicious nacho beef casserole!
Top Review by JosShavaughn
So good. I didn't use lean ground beef, nor did I drain very well, so mine ended up pretty greasy, but that's my fault. I added cilantro, mmm. I wouldn't suggest using very many olives unless you just really love them, they try and take over the flavor a little too much. I will make this again, but w/ lean ground beef and I will drain very well next time.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- salt and pepper
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup picante sauce or 1 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 4 ounces sliced ripe olives
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- mashed avocados or guacamole
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F and lightly spritz a 9 x 13" casserole dish with cooking spray (Pam).
- In a heavy skillet, brown the beef and onion, drain well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread refried beans in prepared casserole; top with meat mixture and sprinkle with chilies, then shredded cheeses.
- Drizzle salsa or sauce evenly over all.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle green onions, chopped tomato and olives over all.
- Mound avocado or guacamole in center; top with a dollop of sour cream.
- Serve with tortilla chips.