Recipe by morningglory
Very quick and easy dinner. Can be made ahead and baked as needed. And this recipe is easily altered. Leave out ingredient you don't like (salsa, beans, veggies). Add things you like (diced tomatoes, lettuce after baking).
Top Review by bmcnichol
As written this was OK but I did make some changes to it which made it a lot better. I used the salsa but the meat mixture seemed bland so I added a packet of taco seasoning to it. This made it a lot better. I didn't add the peppers to the top because of using the salsa and I didn't have any olives. I also only used 8 ounces of cheddar cheese as we thought that was enough. I served this with Scoops and everyone enjoyed it with the changes made.
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 (16 ounce) jar taco sauce or 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- salt and pepper
- 1 minced onion
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 12 ounces sour cream
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, drained and diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 16 ounces shredded cheese, cheddar or 1 cheddar cheese, blend
- 1 (16 ounce) bag tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Season ground chuck with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brown ground beef with minced onion.
- After fully cooking ground beef add taco sauce (or salsa) and beans.
- Layer mixture in the bottom of baking dish.
- You probably will need a large one.
- Spread sour cream on top.
- Spread cheese on next.
- Top with diced vegetables.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 5 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.