Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this off the Kraft Velveeta Shells and Cheese box and it sounds pretty good. I have not tried it yet but I will this week.
- 1 (12 ounce) package Velveeta shells and cheese dinner
- 1 lb ground beef
- taco seasoning mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, divided
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare dinner following basic directions.
- While pasta is cooking, brown meat; drain.
- Add taco seasoning mix and water to the meat; simmer 5 minute.
- Stir sour cream into prepared dinner.
- Spoon half of the dinner mixture into 8-inch square baking dish; top with layers of the meat mixture, half of the cheese and the remaining dinner mixture. Cover.
- Bake 15 minutes; top with salsa, remaining cheese and the crushed tortilla chips.
- Bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes.
This was good weeknight meal. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't add the tortilla chips to the top. Everyone enjoyed this but my family thought it could have used more spice. They added hot sauce to their servings.
Great Recipe. Friends love it as well as us.
I made this exactly as written, minus the tortillas chips, as I have a huge distaste for sogging chips. LOL! Husband loved it, as did I. I made a double batch so that it would last more than one meal. I thought it was a fairly expensive meal given that it's not a gourmet meal. It cost me $18 and I already had the salsa at home. That breaks down into roughly $2 per serving, so I guess it isn't that bad. Thank you for posting!