Recipe by Amie Perrett
I got this off the Kraft Velveeta Shells and Cheese box and it sounds pretty good. I have not tried it yet but I will this week.
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was good weeknight meal. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't add the tortilla chips to the top. Everyone enjoyed this but my family thought it could have used more spice. They added hot sauce to their servings.
- 1 (12 ounce) package Velveeta shells and cheese dinner
- 1 lb ground beef
- taco seasoning mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, divided
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare dinner following basic directions.
- While pasta is cooking, brown meat; drain.
- Add taco seasoning mix and water to the meat; simmer 5 minute.
- Stir sour cream into prepared dinner.
- Spoon half of the dinner mixture into 8-inch square baking dish; top with layers of the meat mixture, half of the cheese and the remaining dinner mixture. Cover.
- Bake 15 minutes; top with salsa, remaining cheese and the crushed tortilla chips.
- Bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes.