This is a copycat recipe that I haven't had the opportunity to try yet.
Make and share this Nabisco's Old Fashioned Gingersnaps recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the sugars, molasses, shortening, butter, egg, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- In another large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, salt, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and beat while adding the water. Continue to mix until ingredients are incorporated.
- Measure a heaping teaspoon of dough at time. Roll the dough into a sphere between the palms of your hands then press the dough onto the cookie. Flatten to about 1/8-inch thick.
- Bake cookies for 10 to 14 minutes or until edges begin to brown and cookies are crispy when cool.