Recipe by BirdyBaker
A pan of white thick noodles and soup served with fish cakes and chicken and vegetables. Deep fried prawn can also be used in place of the fish cakes for a tasty variation.
- udon noodles
- 4 chicken thighs, chunks
- 4 slices kamaboko (fish cake)
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 leek
- 6 cups dashi soup
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Slice negi/leek diagonally into 1/2 inch lengths.
- Boil spinach for two minutes and cool in water and drain well. Cut boiled spinach into 1 1/2 inch lengths.
- Mix dashi soup stock, soy sauce, mirin, and salt in a bowl.
- Divide the soup into four individual earthen pots and cook on medium heat.
- Add chicken in the soup and simmer.
- Add udon noodle in the pot and place kamaboko and spinach on the top.
- Simmer for five minutes.
- Crack an egg in the soup and add negi. Cover with a lid and stop the heat and let it steam.