Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A recipe from Ricardo posted for ZWT8 India
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed hot pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup hummus
- 1⁄2 cup plain 10% yogurt
- 4 naan bread, breads
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or 2 cups gruyere cheese
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, brown the chicken in the oil and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet, soften the peppers, onions, and garlic for about 5 minutes. Add butter, if needed. Season with salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes and spices and cook for 2 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat. Return the chicken to the skillet. Add the hummus and yogurt and stir to combine. Adjust the seasoning.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven’s broiler.
- Place the naan bread on two baking sheet. Place the chicken mixture on the bread and sprinkle with the cheese. Bake for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is lightly golden brown.
Since Dh wanted a night of the kind of food we more generally eat (Italian), I thought this might fit the bill well, and so it did :) I had looked for Naan bread, and although its not hard to buy here, I couldnt find any when I actually wanted, aint it always the way. So I used pizza bases, but with the topping as posted. I halved the recipe, and still had a lot of topping, enough left over to have over rice for a nice lunch! This was not hot, but still made a nice curry, I did wonder about the mozzarella but actually, very nice. I did add coriander, force of habit and always good with curry of any kind :) Thank you, Boomette, we enjoyed this! Made for ZWT 8.