Recipe by -Sylvie-
I just bought Nigella Lawson's latest cookbook, 'Nigella Express' which has a recipe for Naan Pizza. The only ingredient I had in was the naan, but I liked the idea and adapted the recipe to fit the ingredients I had in my fridge and larder. The recipe is very versatile and you could play with all kinds of toppings, for example using pizza sauce instead of the pesto, using a different cheese or adding mushrooms. This makes a great snack or even a quick and easy dinner if served with a side salad, it would even make a nice appetizer to share. Oviously you can double, trebble or quadrouple the recipe to meet your needs.
Top Review by guyfrmbar
I discovered this great base idea when my supermarket had closed their pizza counter early and made my own DIY version with naan bread. Realy is a great base when you considered the variety of naan's out there. I use Levi Roots bbq sauce for the base and lob on chorizo ham red onions what ever my firdge contains.
- 1 naan bread
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto
- 6 vine ripened baby tomatoes, sliced
- 5 kalamata olives, destoned and sliced
- 2 1⁄4 ounces fresh buffalo mozzarella, torn into chunks (approx. 1/2 a 'ball')
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 200C/400F/Gas 7.
- Place the naan on a baking tray.
- Spread the pesto all over the naan.
- Scatter the tomatoes, olives and cheese over the top.
- Sprinkle with oregano on black pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake for 7-9 minutes until the cheese is bubbling.