1/2 Photos of Naan Bread
2 hrs 7 mins
This recipe makes the best naan I have tasted outside of an Indian restaurant. I can't make enough of it for my family. I serve it with Falafel and hummus.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand about 10 minutes, until frothy.
- 2Stir in sugar, milk, egg, salt, and enough flour to make a soft dough. Knead for 6 to 8 minutes on a lightly floured surface, or until smooth.
- 3Place dough in a well oiled bowl, cover with a damp cloth, and set aside to rise. Let it rise 1 hour, until the dough has doubled in volume.
- 4Punch down dough, and knead in garlic. Pinch off small handfuls of dough about the size of a golf ball. Roll into balls, and place on a tray. Cover with a towel, and allow to rise until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- 5During the second rising, preheat grill to high heat (I use a griddle).
- 6At grill side, roll one ball of dough out into a thin circle. Lightly oil grill. Place dough on grill, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until puffy and lightly browned. Brush uncooked side with butter, and turn over.
- 7Brush cooked side with butter, and cook until browned, another 2 to 4 minutes.
- 8Remove from grill, and continue the process until all the naan has been prepared.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Naan Bread
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.9
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 369.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 4.9 g