Prep 1 hr
Cook 7 mins
This is a yeast free bread from India. Serve it with Indian food such as Tikka Masala and Indian Curry. You can keep them warm for a while, but they taste the best freshly baked. You can add some spices if you like (My English isn't too good since I'm from Scandinavia).
- 500 g wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 60 g yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- Mix flour, baking soda + powder,sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Add eggs, yogurt, milk and oil, and mix it well with a fork until it makes a firm dough. If it gets to dry add some warm water.
- Knead the dough until it gets smooth and elastic, takes about five minutes.
- Make it into a ball and wrap it in some plastic foil.
- Put it in the refrigerator and let it sit for about 30 minutes.
- Cut the dough into 12 pieces and roll the pieces into rolls
- Pat the rolls flat, about 10 cm diameter.
- Warm a large frying pan to medium heat.
- Put as many nan- breads as the pan can take into the frying pan.
- Bake until they are brown spotted on both sides.
- Put the breads over on a plate and serve.