Prep 24 hrs
Cook 15 mins
A delicately flavored cookie from Iran posted in response to a recipe request.
- 500 g rice flour, very fine (about 1 1/3 pounds)
- 200 g sugar, very fine
- 250 g oil
- 1⁄2 cup rose water
- 2 eggs, separated
- Mix oil, sugar and egg yolks until well-incorporated.
- Whip egg whites to soft peaks.
- Add rosewater, rice flour and egg whites to sugar and yolk mixture; stir well.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Roll or spread dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/4" and cut with a cookie cutter.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until done (the color should not change very much).
- Remove from baking sheet immediately and remove to cooling rack.