1/1 Photo of Naan
2 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is from www.khanakhazana.com and is posted here in response to a request on the boards.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk warm milk/water with the yeast and sugar until the yeast is dissolved.
- 2Cover and let stand in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- 3Sift flour and salt three times into a large bowl add the yeast mixture, half of the ghee and the yogurt.
- 4Mix into a soft dough then knead on a floured surface for about 5 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic.
- 5Place the dough in a large greased bowl, cover and let stand in a warm place for 1 1/2 hours or until the dough is doubled in size.
- 6Punch down dough then knead for 5 minutes.
- 7Divide dough into 6 pieces.
- 8Roll each piece out into 8 inch round nans.
- 9Cover an oven tray with foil and grease the foil.
- 10Brush the nan with a little of the remaining ghee and sprinkle with some of the kalonji.
- 11Cook Nan one at a time under a very hot grill for about 2 minutes on each side or until puffed and just browned.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Naan
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.3
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 37.2 mg
- Sodium 608.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: