Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one my mother used to make. It is an old recipe from on the box of 'Colemans' dry mustard, a standard pantry item in many NZ homes :) A slightly tangy dressing that goes well for use in cole slaws or as a dressing on the side for lettuce salads. A handy recipe for using up egg yolks after using whites for Pavlova or Meringues.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup salad oil
- 1 cup malt vinegar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and beat well.
- I beat mine using my electric mixer and large bowl.
- I use 'as is' but can be thinned just prior to use by adding a little milk or cream to get the consistency you like.